Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Classic TV
Google Plus
RSS Feed

On Air

with Bukola
Weekdays: 6am - 10am

Listen Live

Covid-19 Pfizer Vaccines Due To Arrive Nigeria End of January; Divided into Four Phases

The Director of Disease Control, National Primary Health Care Development Agency NPHCDA Dr. Bassey Okposen has said that the distribution target of the 100,000 Covid-19 Pfizer vaccines expected to arrive Nigeria at the end of January will be divided into four distribution phases due to the quantity being expected.

 

In an interview on Classic Fm Abuja today, Dr. Okposen noted that there is adequate arrangement for the Covid-19 Pfizer Vaccine coming in with regards to its storage and safety up to point of vaccination while noting that Federal Government is targeting 40 percent of Nigerians for year 2021 while the other 60 percent will receive the vaccine into year 2022 as it arrives.

 

Our correspondent Nathan Williams reports that Dr. Okposen however noted that there are so many false news and misconceptions about the vaccine, assuring that the Federal Government has and would carry out all necessary precautions and due diligence to ensure Niegrians get the best. He further noted that even after a person has been vaccinated, it is very important that they continue to adhere to the non pharmaceutical guidelines of putting on face masks, regular hand wash amongst others.

 

Recall that the Federal Government had earlier said it is expecting One hundred thousand doses of the Covid-19 Pfizer Vaccine at the end of January and would update Nigerians of the arrival of others as they come in.

Connect

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Beat TV
Google Plus
RSS Feed
Download our apps

Contact

We are located at 26 Keffi Street, Off Awolowo Road, Ikoyi, Lagos

Telephone:

+234 (0) 1270.1020

+234 (0) 1463.1700

+234 (0) 1463.1701