FG secures $1.3b for a railway completion

the Federal Government has secured $1.3 billion in funding to complete a railway project connecting Kano, the largest city in the north, to Maradi in neighbouring Niger. The Ministry of Transport said 85% of the Funding will come from a consortium led by the China Civil Engineering Construction Company (CCECC), while the remaining 15% will […]

Fourth Mainland Bridge Construction Set to Begin in March or April – Sanwo-Olu

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has announced that the construction of the long-anticipated 37km Fourth Mainland Bridge is slated to commence by the end of March or April.  The governor stated this during an address at the Lagos West Senatorial District Town Hall Meeting held at the Balmoral Convention Centre, Sheraton, Ikeja. Sanwo-Olu said, ‘We’ve done extensive […]

FG sets timeline to complete Abuja-Kaduna Road; puts monthly target

The Federal Government has extended completion of the Abuja-Kaduna-Zaria-Kano dual carriageway by 24 months, with a target of 15 kilometres monthly completion. The Minister who disclosed this during an inspection tour of the Abuja-Kaduna section of the road, accompanied by the Minister of Finance and Coordinating Economy, Wale Edun, said it will take another 2years […]